ICUFR Web Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ICUFR > ICUFR Annual General Meeting 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report of the Chairman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Siddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report of the Chairman
    Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 12:06pm
INTERIM REPORT
as on 15th June 2019.

During the Rotary Year 2018-19, we continued our thrust on Membership Development and Member Engagement, online updation of member details, real time recording of member activities andplanning for implementing our projects.

Our membership as on 15th June 2019 was 820. We now have members from 92 countries, in 695
clubs in 296 districts. We have a net loss of 9 members due to various reasons. However, we hope to regain the loss shortly with our upcoming programs and projects which we hope will be of interest to our Rotarians and potential members.

We keep our members engaged through our website, web forum and newsletters. Though there is
much interaction taking place on the websites, compared to the membership strength, we find that
this is not adequate. So with the available data on members' interests, we are planning our activities to boost the participation.

We have acquired icufr.com domain (since we could not renew the icufr.net domain) where we will
be maintaining the GDPR compliant Members section. Work is going on in full swing and the site is
expected to be open shortly.

The Board has also passed the Bylaws amendments to take care of the GDPR and similar
requirements. The voting on the amendments also shall commence as soon as the website is ready.

A few of our members including our Chair Moritz von Eckardstein and Treasurer & Past Chair Roger
Siddle attended the Rotary International Convention at Hamburg, Germany from 1-6 June 2019.

Another upcoming activity is the publishing of the newsletter called ICUFR DIGEST for June 2019,
which is under preparation. A Roster of Members as on 30th June 2019 also will be ready by that time.  Members can download their copies by following the links on the website or in the mails sent to them individually.

At this juncture, I wish to place on record my gratitude to my current Board of Directors – Secretary
Jawad Shami, Treasurer and Past Chairman Roger Siddle, Directors Carl Cardey, Marco Kappenberger and Past Chairman James Kalassery for their co-operation in making this year, and my term, a most fruitful one.

In Rotary Fellowship,

Rtn Moritz von Eckardstein,
Chairman 2017-19

Edited by Roger Siddle - 30 Jun 2019 at 12:12pm
Roger Siddle

Kendal RC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic